Friday, April 29, 2005

Sense of humor operating

It is hard to believe that the vacation started a week ago. Managed to get the column done but for the project itself. Brought the project with me. I also brought a couple small commercial kits for fun things, my knitting and felting project from my knitting, a small knitting project and some filet lace.

Have uploaded some trip pages to the personal website including a bit about what projects I’ve been working on. They have arts and crafts at sea. Needless to say I could not resist. I’ve done a luggage tag on 7 count plastic canvas with acrylic yarn and a small dangly bit called South American wrap, also with acrylic yarn. Fun simple stuff that can be done by all comers.

One lady who owns a shop in Laguna Beach has started a knitting and needlework circle. We meet whenever we have a “sea day” at 2 pm. They even advertise the group in the Princess Patter, the daily newsletter. It is an odd mix of people and personalities and abilities.

Now back to my column project. So far everyone has been very complimentary and I have only done the blackwork bit. Next the metal thread and overdyed portion. Don’t know when I will blog again, but check the personal website for more.
-- Sabrina (posting from the Royal Princess, Tuesday April 26, 2005 9:08 pm Rio Time)

No comments: