Saturday, February 11, 2006

Vacation?

This week has been a heavy work week. I had forgotten how uninspired I get when I'm spending 12+ hours a day on work. It is really hard to fire up the brain cells to be creative or to get the fingers back to stitching. Part of the finger thing is taking so many notes during the hearing. My hand is tired from writing all day. So enough whining.

This is preparation weekend. Next week is Estrella. Need to prepare the materials for the 3 classes. Will take extra since I said I would repeat a class if there is a waiting list. Last year Anne and I took to making special arrangements to be the first (or at least one of the first 10 in line) to get the classes we wanted. There were lots of disappointed people. Don't know how well received the Goldwork classes will be, but I don't want to have people disappointed that they missed out on a learning experience.

In planning for Estrella, I was pondering -- Is it a really a vacation if I'm working/teaching part of the time? At least I want it to feel like a vacation. To that end I'm going to try to do something fun every day starting today. Today is the Cyprian's Ball -- English Regency Dancing event with lots of waltzing and flirtation. Tomorrow - who knows.

Also this week is the start of In a Minute Ago's class on Crazy Quilting. I'll follow the class, even if I can't start with them. I'm taking my laptop. There are 4 Starbucks in Goodyear Arizona. 2 are in Safeways (that seems to be the new trend) and 2 are full service with WiFi. A real convienence when traveling; not to mention that it guarantees (or at least almost) that I can find a soy latte. Many places I need to go to a grocery store and carry my own non-dairy creamer if I want it in liquid form; which works and tastes better.

Now where did I put the 28 count linen? Maybe I'll take some of the play threads and bits as well. Hmmmmm

No comments: