Monday, December 31, 2007

Year End

My nose has been to the grind stone this past couple weeks. I have been trying to clear the desk and do all those last minute year end things. Included in the list was writing the annual holiday letter and getting it posted to our website. The other big thing was reworking my arts and sciences portion of our website. It has been 3 years since it had an overhaul. Since I've taught a lot in that intervening time, there was lots to post. There are some pieces still in pdfs and the pleating/smocking section still needs to be done. Have I mentioned that I really dislike working on web pages. It is very difficult for me to pay attention to the level of detail necessary to make all the pages have the same formatting, etc. Any way we can now count it DONE! -- well there is always more to do, but at least I don't feel the same level of burden.

The spouse worked ALL weekend. He has had 4 days off in the last 6 weeks. He is taking off 12th Night but he may have to work part of Friday and Sunday - we shall see. Poor guy! At least we are going out to celebrate tonight. Off to our local restaurant, Cafe Gibraltar. It is fabulous food and they do a special menu for New Year's Eve. We will drive even though it is about a mile from the house. Then home to cuddle up on the couch and watch all the NYE hoopla.

Need to buckle down this week and finish my outfit for 12th Night. Don't think I'll get the 2nd one done for Friday, but will bring garb for Friday night.

Hope 2008 is a wonderful year for each of you - filled with good health, happiness and personal fulfillment!

No comments: