Monday, November 22, 2004

Stitching for Sanity Sake

The holidays have set in with a vengence along with the cold season. Husband brought home a cold last week and this weekend was my turn. He was a grumpy bear all week - a sweet grumpy bear, but a grumpy bear never the less.

This week is the holiday luncheon and officer installation for my EGA group. Since I will be VP - Workshops, that includes me. I'm baking tonight to take my contribution - a cake which dates back to the Civil War. Called a Plum Cake, it has no plums. Instead it has molassas, raisins and currents. It is yummy and rich.

Then we are into the turkey days with the relatives arriving. It will be small, but enough people to do all the trimmings. I think Thanksgiving and Passover are my 2 favorite holidays. Of course both revolve around family and food.

To keep sane I've been working on the Crazy Quilt Bargello. It isn't what I'm supposed to be working on, but... it keeps me sane.

No comments: