Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Do a little each day

I once read a series of suggestions of how to get oneself motivated to stitch daily. The one that appealed to me has 3 parts: (1) you don't need to do more than one thread length each day, (2) always leave your needle prepared to do the next thread length (ie finish and then prepare the needle for the next time), and (3) don't beat yourself up if you don't do it.

With that in mind, I've been playing with the threads and beads of the Sandra Murray velvet piece. I have one pillow done and the better part of 3 to go - someday. Maybe today - maybe not.

In the back of my mind I've been puttering with doing a voided work bookmark. Something simple that can be done on a commercially prepared bookmark. Linn got me started on Voided Work and I've decided that I really like the simplicity of the presentation. Think I've chosen a lily pattern that appears in several model books. I've charted the pattern and will stitch it later this week. I'm thinking about using an overdyed thread - a twist on the classic, but maybe not. Will play with colors tomorrow.

No comments: