Sunday, February 22, 2004

Stitching makes even having a cold better

Why is it that having a cold makes the brain function like it is slogging through a fog? The cold finally hit this weekend. We didn't go dancing - something about trying to do a waltz when the head is already spinning.

Have spent most of Friday and Saturday working on my Bargello Crazy Quilt piece. Spent time pouring over books of patterns. Spent time playing with color combinations. Spent a little time stitching last night. We put in Shrek and Pirates of the Caribbean. Husband has also come down with a mild version of this nasty cold so we sat and stitched. I on my bargello piece and husband on his shirt - the cuffs are now done! Of course Pete, the cat had to provide his contribution to the efforts as well. Nothing is ever complete in this house without cat fur -- very fine white or black fur.

Now to spend some time combining colors and patterns as I plan out my next moves on the piece. My head is spinning with ideas. Think I will use purple and rose as the primary colors to compliment the guest bedroom. Have almost decided to do only 4:2 patterns as I'm feeling that doing a Hungarian Point pattern in it will make it too busy. I am thinking of doing a couple small areas and repeating the pattern, but maybe not the colors. This is supposed to be a sampler and it will give me an idea of how the pattern works with different color schemes, but still provide some continuity. Ideas. Lots of them.... Now off to make some decisions and stitch.

No comments: