Monday, November 03, 2003

Hurrah!!

Husband did it!!!! Now I can add links not just refer to them in the text. Pics will have to wait for a bit.

Have been prepping to teach a class on Historic Smocking this weekend. We will look at all the pictures, paintings, etchings.... I can find dating before 1600 and determine if there is really smocking. My feeling at this point is that there is embroidery on top of gathers, some back smocking - more by accident than design, and the beginnings of Italian Shirring. The handout is over 100 pages - whew!! Then the class will learn some basic smocking stitches. Looks to be fun, but full 6 hours, and I have 20 registered for the class. If I have any energy left I will probably do a version for my website eventually.

Now to relax with more on the husband's blackwork collar.

No comments: